Do you have what it takes to be an Accredited Assistant Coach of Martial Arts Queensland?
Then you came to the right place! Start off by reading more information below!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ASSISTANT COACH
To assist with the academies coaching sessions
- Arrive at the venue in sufficient time prior to the start of the session at least 15min early.
- Uniform must be impeccably ironed
- Assist students to gain a greater understanding of the dojo rules, safe practices and appropriate behaviour on the mat.
- To develop and maintain high ethical standards in coaching and assist in the preparation of coaching sessions in advance. As required.
- To assist the instructor in the running of each session.
- Inform the instructor as soon as possible of any incident or injury and complete the accident/ incident report form.
- Take over class if Instructor needs to leave the mat.
- Actively work with all students.
- Must have an outstanding positive attitude and be enthusiastic.
- Want to become a black belt.
- Min rank of green and white belt.
- Min age of 13.
- Have a desire to help out younger members within the school.
- Must be able to smile.
- Must help out 1 day per week or 1 defence and 1 Little Warriors class. This will be rostered!
- If over 18 must have a blue card.
- Must train in the Defence system or prepared to.
How to enrol and complete the course
Step 1. Complete the online application form click here.
Step 2. A confirmation email will be sent to you once you application has been approved.
Step 3. Complete the online basic principles course at http://www.ausport.gov.au/participating/coaches/education/onlinecoach.
(or have completed an equivalent course)
Step 4. Send confirmation of completed course to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a password to the NAOMAI course.
Step 5. Study the NAOMAI material located online at Assistant Coaching course (password protected).
Step 6. Take the NAOMAI online test click here.
Step 8. Attend the practical coaching session on Saturday 31st January 2015 from 2-4 and pass the practical components.
On successful completion of this course you will receive a certificate of completion.